Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Dyan's Queenie Challenge

I have been lurking in the art journal field for a while so this challenge was exactly what I needed to get my feet wet before September. I've signed up for an Art journal class with Dyan Reaveley at Scrapattack 3 in September. Her challenge was to use some of these fab Queen images from Lisa's Altered Art and do something with them ,anything so away I went to have a think. I stuck three Next directory pages (recycling queen!)together and then gessoed them. I used Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink for the background and then used Twinkling H2Os as well. I dotted an Adirondack paint dabber on. Which although I like I find the clogged ones really frustrating especially if I've hardly used them and their not old. I then dotted my one lonely Copic marker around them. I like it but to be honest it's a posh felt tip pen I don't get the big thing about them probably because I'm not a card marker maybe. I used my fav stamp and Stazon and Glamour Queen and Beauty Queen images. This page is about my mum and sister and the power struggle going on at the moment. My sister is 13 soon and it's all about the hormones! Their quite alike so it really could be a smackdown soon. Mum now realises what a wonderful teenager I really was lol! Anyway loved doing it and have marmalade coloured fingers today for work.

3 comments:

Dylan said...

Wooh hoo, love it girlie. I think that is going on in houses all over the country..!! See you in Sept, dont forget your shoes..!!! xx

Sarah (UKS Smelly) said...

LOve it Sonja. It really made me smile. Well done you

Sharon said...

Sonja this is fantastic. Love the theme and all the effort you put in to the background.